January 13, 2008

The first few weeks.

November 29, 2007


So… I’m pregnant. We haven’t announced it yet because I am superstitious and freaked out and all that stuff.

Pregnancy is weird, man. Apparently I’m five weeks along, but pregnancy math is all fucked up. They (“They” meaning medical professionals and all the baby websites out there) count the two weeks before you even CONCEIVE to be part of your pregnancy. The hell? Whatever. Five weeks.

Thirty-five more to go.

Let’s start with the super fun early-pregnancy symptoms. My boobs hurt. I’m tired all the time. I get weird cramps in my belly. I have to pee ALL THE TIME. I’m alternately famished or I can’t smell food without wanting to vomit. This last part is particularly sticky as I work in a deli.

There has been no vomiting yet. I know you were worried.

I had to give up coffee. Mostly. I still have a smallish cup in the morning.

I had to give up alcohol. The other day I was rummaging around for something and had to move a bottle of Maker’s Mark to look behind it. I actually whimpered.

I had to give up sushi. Except the thought of raw fish has always made me sort of yucky in the stomach, so no real loss there…

Also, no more crack for me. And no heroin.

Part of me wants to tell EVERYONE. Part of me wants to tell no one until I’m like, five months along – just to fuck with them. Or maybe I’ll just do that to the in-laws.

So, we wait. And we order books (there are five on the way as we speak).


January 6, 2008

Haven’t updated in a while, but as there is no real blog yet, it’s all good.

Still pregnant. Heard the heartbeat on New Year’s Eve – that was the coolest thing EVER. I’m 11 weeks now – I only have to wait a little while longer to go public. A few people know – our closest friends. No family yet. A bit terrified, actually.

The magical magical nurse practitioner prescribed some sleeping pills to help with my nausea. Who knew? So now I sleep well AND I don’t want to puke all the time! Woot! This is especially awesome because the cravings have begun. Oh yes. Apple pie. French onion soup. Potato chips. I blame the baby.

I’ve been obsessed with the nursery lately. At the moment, though, the second bedroom is really just a walk-in closet. Or junk drawer. Or both. The cats get lost in that room. So, I need to sort it our, THEN I can obsess about the nursery. I want it to be the coolest, most awesome nursery ever. No pressure.

The weeks are alternately flying by and crawling along. I’m super excited to start showing because… well, I’m excited to be a pregnant chick and not just a fat chick. I know. I suck, but SERIOUSLY. Ooh, but the good news is, since I lost 40 pounds in the last year I already have a whole lot of “maternity clothes”!

So… Once we tell the family, this thing will be live. So, a week? Three months? Only time will tell.


January 8, 2008

According to MyMonthlyCycles.com (where I tracked my period religiously for several years) I am 52 days late. Heh.

I started rehearsal last night, and the rehearsal room is full of superbright fluorescent lights and MIRRORS. I felt like a tank compared to the teeny actress girls. I have a feeling this will only get worse. Oh God.

On a similar note, I am currently obsessed with Frosted Flakes. They are delicious. And nutritious… only because of the milk, really – but the baby needs calcium, damnit!

No comments: