February 14, 2008

Ew ew fucking EW!

People EAT the placenta!

Oh, yes. They fucking eat it. Or they take it home in a little jar and they bury it by a tree or some such nonsense.



And the umbilical stump. It was terrifying enough when I found out that the stump has to STAY on your baby until it falls off (thank you, Sex and the City.), but people actually KEEP it! They tape it into the baby book! They like, carry it around with them! I read somewhere that some woman was holding on to her daughters because she knew that her daughter would want to see it one day...



Here's the thing. Placentas and umbilical stumps? They are nature's medical waste. There is no good and non-gross reason to keep that shit, so GET RID OF IT.


The more I learn about this childbearing thing the more I want to hire someone to go ahead and take over for me for the next five months.






I think that when this is all over I'll print out all of these blog entries and put THEM in the baby book. Way better than an umbilical stump, no?

1 comment:

Ren said...

This blog is a thousand times better than an umbilica stump!