February 28, 2008

Enough bitching.

I've been a whiny brat for the last couple of days, and for that I apologize. I blame the barometric pressure.


There are lots of good things about being pregnant, and I should concentrate of how damn lucky I am.


* My rack looks GREAT.
* Maternity pants (with the elastic belly band) are wicked comfortable.
* My hair has grown at least three inches since I got pregnant.
* Prenatal vitamins are magical for the nails.
* Most people love the thought of babies.
* Men get kind of goofy and awkward and cute, and women get all googly-eyed.
* Shopping is an absolute necessity.
* I have come up with utterly brilliant food combinations in my altered state of mind (Bacon goes with EVERYTHING.)




I forgot to mention that we had an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner on Monday morning. There was an utterly terrifying moment when she had to search a bit to find the heartbeat - but all is well.

She didn't say anything about my weight, so I guess I haven't chubbed out too much. My blood pressure is normal.





Three days til the ultrasound! Imelda? Bruno?

Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liking Bacon, eh? Try this- a bit of a heart attack on a plate but some of the best food I've ever eaten:

Two slices of bread, toasted.
Dubliner Irish Cheddar Cheese (yes it matters). Get a few nice slices of this to make a layer on the bread.
2-3 pieces of bacon- not crispy cooked, but cooked enough.
Mayo


K, take the bread and put a bit of mayo on both sides.
Put the cheese on one half of the bread- covering it all.
Put the bacon on top of that. (Best when the bacon is piping hot, straight from the pan. Makes the cheese melt a wee bit)

Put the top layer on and eat.

I believe the best food bit I learned living in Ireland.