May 13, 2008

Jug o' Pee

Had a doctor appointment today. There's good news and bad news.

The good news is my freak weight gain two weeks ago was a fluke. I'm down 5 lbs from that last weight and the general consensus is indeed a combo of water weight and the lack of calibration in the clinic scales. Bob's heartbeat is strong and lovely. In fact, it sounds like the heart of a man who wants to meet the world exactly on time, if not a few days early.

The bad news is my blood pressure is high. Again. Not quite as high as it was at my last appointment, but the doctor is showing concern about warning signs for preeclampsia. Yeek.

Soooo... I get to give them a 24 hour urine sample! Yes! I get to collect my urine for a full 24 hours and put it in a giant orange jug!

Does anyone realize exactly HOW OFTEN I pee every day?




Other than that, the appointment was just peachy. No one surprised me with a cervical exam, so that's an immediate win over the last time.

No comments: