March 3, 2008

The Webbean showed the goods.

I had some adventures in Ultrasound-ing this morning. They (cruel bastards) request that you drink 16oz of water 45 minutes before your Ultrasound. The catch? You can't pee. That is a MEAN trick to play on a pregnant woman who has to piss like a damn racehorse every 15 minutes.

It backfired, though. I got into the exam room, and the first thing the tech sees on the screen is my enormous bladder. "How much did you drink?" I assured her that I only had maybe 20oz (though I forgot to mention the bowl of cereal I had for breakfast. She made me go empty my bladder "Until I was comfortable".

I came back and she said "Did you let anything out at all?" Apparently my bladder was still full.

Ultrasound techs are freaking amazing. She's bopping around my abdomen saying "That black spot? That's the stomach? And there are the kidneys..." The kidneys to the untrained eye are a a very slightly darker shade of grey on a grey canvas, but she was seeing them clear as day. I was just happy when I identified the spine.

Then she made me go pee AGAIN, and this time it all came out. This turned out to be a good thing, because it made the baby stretch out and relax a little. Apparently Mommy's bladder was cramping his style.

So, the kid has four chambers in his heart, and a kind of big head.




And yeah, I said "his". There was a winkie. I have a teeny penis growing inside me right now.





A boy. A BOY? I don't know what to do with a boy! I'm terrified of boys! They're little aliens who like bugs and slimy things and they SMELL!



I think I have to take some time to adjust.


Don't get me wrong, I'm excited that the baby is healthy and growing well and all that... but... a BOY?

No comments: