March 18, 2008

21 weeks down.

The Webboy is thumping around in there quite regularly now. It no longer feels like butterflies, and therefore doesn't make me want to puke. Hooray!

21 weeks down.

I have a doc appointment on April 1 - I plan to ask her about pain relief during labor and delivery. I'm not entirely sure I want an epidural, but I don't know that a systematic drug like Demerol or whatever will take the edge off quite enough for this pansy-ass girl.

I'm not ashamed that I want drugs. I'm scared as hell and I'm not afraid to let people know that. And I swear on all that is good and kind, if one more person tells me that childbirth is a beautiful thing, I will scream.

It is NOT beautiful. It is horrible and sweaty and bloody and painful and THAT'S OKAY. I know that in the end I'll have this long-awaited and very much loved child. But I don't see anything wrong in asking to be high as a damn kite while I wait.

So, yeah. Gonna talk to the doc - see what she thinks, talk to her about writing up a birth plan since odds are she won't be the one catching the little tyke.


What else? I'm getting bigger by the second, it seems. I kinda like my belly. I can't wait til I can try to balance a cereal bowl on top of it.

The nursery is at a bit of a standstill. That room has been a giant closet for the last six months or so, and it's kind of hard not to just chuck my clothes in the crib like it's a giant hamper. Maybe when there's a person in there I won't do that anymore, but there are no guarantees.



Ooh! There was some frightening talk by Android and my sister about trying to buy a house late this summer. I went along with it for unknown reasons, but it seems Android has realized it's a craptastic idea. I understand it's a buyers market, but I HAVE A LOT OF SHIT GOING ON RIGHT NOW. Knowing that we'll be in our apartment for another year calms me. Sure we have hookers on the corner, and crazy loud neighbors, and drafty windows, but we also have a lot of crap that has accumulated and I just have no interest in moving it again.


More than anything I would like a rum drink of some kind. Something with lime or pineapple or mango... maybe with a little paper umbrella in it. Truth be told, what I really want is to go out to a bar with some friends and get hammered. Maybe not to the point of puking - but a good buzz and a late night trip to White Castle for fries sounds brilliant.


Sigh. This kid better be awesome.

No comments: