March 12, 2008

Dude. Not cool.

This afternoon one of my customers noticed I was gimping a little bit (my left hip has been kinda wonky off and on lately). She assumed I was doing the pregnant waddle and launched into a conversation about pregnancy (apparently she's 32 weeks). She asked how far along I am and I told her five months. She looked down at my belly, looked at me and said "Really? You're BIG for five months!".

Oh, for fuck's sake.

I swear if she wasn't pregnant I would have vaulted over the counter and strangled her. Isn't there some kind of pregnant woman bylaw that says you are not supposed to comment on another woman's baby belly?

If not, there should be. That's just wrong.

I fully admit that I had a belly to begin with, but come on! So, yeah. I spent the rest of the day sucking in my gut.

No comments: